Knowledgeable Family And Individual Immigration Attorney In Florida

Helping To Keep Your Family Together

There is nothing worse than being separated from your family members or those you love. Fortunately, depending on the family relationships involved, there are a number of ways for individuals and families to move together to the United States. If you are already living in the U.S. but separated from your family abroad, you may have options for helping them legally immigrate to join you. For example, holders of green cards and U.S. citizens can sponsor the immigration petitions of their foreign relatives, aiding their efforts to enter and take up residence in the United States.

Many people come to the United States to find a better life for themselves and their families. Their goal is to keep the family together in their new home. At Bassey Immigration Law Center, that’s our goal, too. Our skilled Florida immigration attorney can help you reunite with your loved ones — or keep your family together if you are facing deportation and removal.

A Florida Lawyer Fighting To Keep Families Whole

While every immigration case is different, an experienced Florida immigration attorney can make navigating the complicated immigration process much easier. Based on the circumstances driving your move to the United States, we can help you with immigration situations involving:Citizenship and NaturalizationIf you would like to become a U.S. citizen, you must go through the naturalization process — green cards through engagement and marriageIf you are a U.S. citizen who is engaged to or has married a foreign national, your spouse may be able to get a green card. The filing process can be time-consuming and confusing, but getting legal help can make it much easier.Family PetitionsFamily petitions can be used to bring spouses, children, sons and daughters, parents, siblings or fiancés to the United States. Different family relationships entitle the individual to different immigration benefits.LGBT ImmigrationGay Marriage and green cards- Due to recent changes in the law in the United States, same sex couples may now apply for the same immigration benefits available to heterosexual couples.LGBT Asylum- If you have faced persecution for your sexual orientation, you may be able to apply for asylum in the U.S.Green card through Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)If you are from Cuba and have lived in the U.S. for at least a year, have been admitted or paroled, and are admissible as an immigrant, you may be able to get a green card through the CAA.Form I-751 Removal of Conditions on ResidencyIf you are a conditional resident of the United States because of a marriage, you can use Form I-751 to remove the conditions of your residency.U Visas — Victims of CrimeIf you or your loved one has been a victim of a serious crime and are willing to work with law enforcement to help hold the people who harmed you legally responsible, you may be able to obtain a U visa to stay in the U.S. These visas were created to make it easier for law enforcement to protect victims and prosecute serious crimes, including human trafficking, sexual assault, and domestic violence.VAWA — Victims of Domestic ViolenceThe Violence Against Women Act provides certain protections for victims of domestic violence.T Visas — Victims of Human TraffickingThe T visa provides victims of human trafficking with the opportunity to remain in the United States.Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJs)Children who are in the United States and unable to be reunited with their parents may be able to get a green card as an SIJ. Children who get a green card as an SIJ can stay in the U.S. and work but are not able to petition to bring their parents or siblings to the United States.AsylumIf you have suffered persecution in your home country for race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group or political opinions you may qualify for asylum in the U.S..Temporary Protected Status (TPS)If you are in the United States and the Secretary of Homeland Security decides it is no longer safe for you to return home, you may apply for TPS allowing you to stay in the U.S. and work until the decision prohibiting you from returning home is lifted.DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)If you have obtained DACA, we can help apply to renew your DACA status.NACARANACARA allows certain individuals to remain in the U.S. based on several different criteria, including the fact that you must be from a select number of countries, have lived in the U.S. for at least seven years at the time of your application and your removal would pose an extreme hardship for your family.Deferred Action (Deferred Enforcement Departure)Deferred action is a discretionary relief provided to people who are otherwise deportable, or have a final order of deportation, but for humanitarian reasons need to stay a bit longer to manage their affairs. It is temporary in nature, adjudicated on a case-by-case basis, and can be granted by the local USCIS district director. It is commonly known as Deferred Enforced Departure, or deferral of removal.

Reach Out To Us For Family Immigration Help In Florida

At Bassey Immigration Law Center, we have a long history of helping to reunite families in Florida and throughout the United States. Get in touch with a skilled Florida immigration attorney by calling our Tampa office at 813-600-3340 or our Clearwater office at 727-408-5170, or by contacting us online.